Monday, July 23, 2007

Two Weeks Well Spent

I just got back from my camp stretch. Two and a half weeks of high school camps with less than a twenty-four hour break between the two camps. Good times.
It started with Veritas. I know I've written about that a few times. This year was different though, because I was one of the leaders. It was rough, what with the lack of sleep after living for two months on and average of nine hours of sleep every night. (yeah, I'm a slacker). It also took a lot of energy to keep up with those kids.
I was able to get to know a lot of really cool people though. At the same time I was learning all kinds of crazy things about myself. I might wright about those some other time.

Anyway, that week ended only to be followed by the next week out at Tygh Valley. I was there with four kids from my church. I was mostly just responsible for three of them. It was a lot of fun. I was able to get to know those three boys a lot better, which is really cool.
Granted, my boys weren't anywhere near being perfect angels. But that's okay, 'cause neither am I.

There is just so much that I've learned about myself this summer. I'm not sure that I could explain most of it. There might be future posts on the matter in the weeks to come.
I only have just over a month before I head back to school. I leave on the 27th of August. I'm really excited about it. I'll get to see most of my school friends again, make new memories, reminisce about old memories. It's weird, I'll probably explain the juggling act of life later, but it's something I've been thinking about for a long time.

Well, for the next few weeks I'm going to be doing a lot of the same things I was doing for the two months previous to my camp break. Laters.

No comments: