Thursday, April 24, 2008

Normal--With Side-Effects

I had an "ah-hah" moment today. Some of you when you read this will probably think something like, "and this guy is in college?"
I was talking with a friend today when I used the word "emphatically." Just then I started thinking about the word. 'emphaticaly...emphasis...OH! That's where it comes from.' Suddenly that word made so much more sense to me than it ever had.
I think it should be noted that I have used this word for a long time (and yes, I have been using it in proper context and everything). I knew what it meant, and I knew how to use it. I just had never thought about and made the connection between "emphatic" and "emphasis."
Now, I just know that some of you are thinking "there's one egg that took too long to boil." Whatever.

I have my finals next week. I am actually not too worried about all that at this point. All of the big projects are done. The rest is pretty straight forward and easily done. Every day of finals week I am done around or before 12:30. This is a big deal for the guy who has classes every day in both the morning and late afternoon (and once a week into the late evening). I am really excited for this week to come to a close. I don't really have any more assignments due this week (that aren't already done). There are only the choir concerts and class attendance to worry about for the next couple days.
With that in mind, I think I will go to sleep now. Laters.

No comments: