Saturday, August 02, 2008

Mexico: Day 5

Most of the team was in good spirits this morning after our wonderful venture to Mazatlan the day before. Okay, to be honest, I think a lot of people were tired of working after getting the taste of relaxation on the beach. In fact Jimmy didn't even get up for breakfast.
Jay hadn't slept well--he was comin' down with something not good. Audrey was still on the mend, though she was doing better than the previous day.
We put in some more work on the wheelchair ramp. There was also a group of us working on the new trampoline. They had to set it up and then pour and mold concrete bases to keep the trampoline from walking away in the middle of the night.
Another project that we had going was the construction of some "football" goal posts. For you American readers you would understand them to be "soccer" goal posts. We made them out of tires, concrete, and PVC pipe. I should probably note (because if anyone else from the team reads this, they will bring it up anyway) that when I cut the PVC pipe, I cut it about a foot off. So there is a taller set and a shorter set of goal posts. I won't go into the details of how I managed to goof it up so much. Just know that right after I had made the error I realized how I had messed up and felt very silly for having made such a simple mistake. The rest of the team won't let me live it down, of course, but that's okay. It gives us something to laugh at for years to come.

No comments: