Thursday, September 02, 2010

How Then Shall I Live?

It was hard...really hard. It was quite possibly one of the more difficult experiences of my life. At the same time it was one of the best experiences.
It's like James says: "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" (James 1:2-4). The trials and challenges are tests, and those tests do two things.
First the trials reveal things in myself that I otherwise might not notice. On the one hand it reveals things in myself that still need some work; issues concerning my attitude, my personality, my lifestyle, my perspectives. On the other hand trials can also reveal areas of growth in my life. Those are the most encouraging times, when I'm able to see in myself how God has changed the way I respond to situations; when I respond with more patience, confidence, faithfulness.
The second thing that trials do is to further develop perseverance and other such qualities. So much growth comes from being faithful in times of trial.
All that to say, with all the challenges I faced this summer, and all the growth and change that has taken place in me, how should I live differently? What new challenges should I be pursuing?
I look forward, with fear and trembling, to seeing what God has for me this school year.
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19

Thank you all for your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with many points. But in some areas, I feel we need to be more aggressive. Just my opinion. Love ya. cap sleeve wedding dresses Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Boots Simple Wedding Dresses