Monday, March 27, 2006

The Agony of Da' Teeth. Not Da' Feet.

Today I go in to get my wisdom teeth extracted. I'm supposed to be there by 10 o'clock. They said it could take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. The surgery itself will only take half an hour to forty-five minutes. But there is all the prep time, getting me to sleep, and then waking me back up after the surgery is over.
This is the first major surgery I've ever had....in fact....it's the only surgery I've ever had. I don't know what to expect, but that's probably a good thing. Expectations can be a pain. Though....now that I think about it.....I'm going to be in pain either way. Oh well.
I don't know how long it will take for me to bounce back. Chances are my family will get tired of me lazing around the house, and they'll try to put me to work. Oh well.
I have to read the Odyssey this week. Not the whole thing, but at least a good chunk of it. I also need to write a paper by the end of the week.....make that two papers.
I would greatly appreciate your prayers. God bless.

No comments: