Friday, March 16, 2007

Paper In A Bucket

Today was an alright day. My keyboarding class is usually a little depressing(that's piano keyboard, not computer keyboard) but other than that, I had a great day. It was a little different. Usually I'm really busy from morning 'till night. Today I didn't even get up 'till Ten O'clock. My ten thirty class (the first one I have on Tuesdays and Thursdays) was canceled. This is why I was able to get 7 and a half hours of sleep last night.
Yesterday I took three naps. And these weren't my usual 10 minute power naps; these were the full on hour to two hour naps. Three of them. I've been needing that for a long time.
I also had two exams yesterday. The first was in my Bible survey class. I'm pretty sure I did really well on it. I knew most of the answers. How much better can it get? The second was in college writing. It was a "works cited" exam, making sure we knew how it worked and the format to use. I aced that one, and I'm not even a big English/writing buff. I guess when it comes to absolutes, formulae, and standard formats I can pick it up pretty quickly. Anyway, I passed.
I'm still staring down the barrel of a fifteen page paper. Sure, I have five pages of it, and The last one and a half to two pages is supposed to be the conclusion, but I still haven't cited many sources. I guess I'll get there. When it comes to writing papers for me, there is no doubt that anything good--or at the very least complete--is a gift from God. Some of you readers may remember the thanksgiving week fiasco last school year(Sunday, November 27, 2005). When I had my ten page research paper all written out, but the the floppy disk I had it saved onto stopped working. Yeah, I don't like research papers. But if that's what God has me doing, that's what I got to do. The good news is, once I am done with it, I'm done with it.
Today I had my usual Thursday classes (aside from the one that was canceled). Three classes, 12-6PM with a one hour break between each class. At six I had to book it from my last class over to another building so I could help set up a sound system for an event that was going on this evening. It was part of a class assignment.
For my tech class I have to help set up and run a sound system four times, run a light board twice, and run a video/visual system twice. I've now completed three of the sound requirements as well as one of the lighting requirements. It's a really neat class.
I'll admit, I've been really worried and freaked out by a lot of things that "need" to happen. Deadlines can be killer--pardon the pun. But even amid the chaos and frustration God has given me a lot of peace this year. It's been really cool to see him working in my life. I'm excited to see what He does about all these assignments, cause I know there is no way I can do any of it without Him.
Well, I'm sure I'll be better prepared for God to use me if I get some sleep. So, I'm going to get on that. Laters.

No comments: