Thursday, May 10, 2007

A New Season

I'm back from school. Back in the good, ol', little, home town. I'm not even sure that last sentence made any sense.
Anyway, a lot of opportunities have opened up for me here. Mostly a lot of stuff in my church. I'm going to start running sound for Sunday services. My "training" will be this Sunday morning. I'm excited about that. It will be good to get some experience under my belt before this next school year, what with the sound tech job I'm hoping to get at school.
It also looks like I'll have a lot of opportunities to get involved in my church's youth stuff. I want to be careful with that though. I don't want to be the guy who never grows out of the youth group. I want to be involved because I think these kids need people who care about them to be involved in their lives outside of their home family--though inside the family of God. (Again, not sure if that sentence will make much sense.)
Anyway, I've got a few things lined up for me this summer. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll keep you all posted. Laters.

1 comment:

Fencemender said...

Hmmm...I remember the first move we made away from "home". 90 minutes away, but I felt like we had landed on another planet! Since then, we have lived where no Mayer has gone before many times, but that alien feeling never goes away. After 20 years, it has become clear that there is still only one real home, but I have only visited it in dreams and visions. Preparing for liftoff...

Yes, it's good to have you "home" for a while, where you are comfortable and familiar - and useful.