Monday, September 03, 2007

Slackerness

Starting at noon today I am going to be in three classes in a row, the third of which has requested that I bring a two page paper--of my own writing--on the importance of history in the life of a christian. As of right now I have no such paper. I know, I'm a slacker. Why am I posting on my blog right now instead of working on my paper? The answer to that is simply this, the computer is not cooperating with my thumb-drive. I started my paper and planned on finishing it during this time slot. However, once I got here I found out that this computer has decided to be really stubborn.
So, I've pretty much accepted the fact that I am not going to have a paper ready in time for the class.
Why didn't I do the paper over the weekend? Well, this was actually a really weird weekend. See, usually when people come to college they move in at least one or two days before classes actually start. No home work, nothing they need to work on right away. Just move in and get ready for the year. Well, I did that. It was great. I was ready and everything. Then I was thrown a curve ball.
I was living in one of the dorms on campus. Then probably the second day of school my room mate was offered one of the on campus apartments. So, we decided to move over there. Saturday was full of packing. Sunday was full of moving. Long story short, it was a crazy weekend, and I was very tired. I tried. I did what I could. I even have half a page done. I had a plan to finish. But life happens. No use stressing over it.
Granted, I'm sure there was probably more time this weekend than I thought. I'm not saying that this is not my fault. It is my fault. I'm a slacker. God and I need to work on that. But for now, the deed is done, and I'm willing to accept the consequences. It's only one assignment. Life isn't over. I just got to keep working, and really focus.
Laters.

No comments: