Saturday, August 25, 2007

My Life In A Box

Well, here I is. I'm getting ready to head out on Monday. Heading back to the big world of college. I'm excited, but I'm also very much a little worried about getting everything together. I mean, I'm sure I'll be able to survive just fine without everything that I own. I could do very well for myself without most of the stuff I end up taking. But I'm sure some of you know how it is. There's just something inside me that wants to be ready for every conceivable situation. Call me crazy.
I've just been rummaging through my entire collected life, these past couple days; going through almost everything I own. Looking through old memories, relearning old lessons, remembering old friends. All the usual stuff that happens when someone goes through his old stuff.
Of course, it makes for slow packing when everything I go through takes a few minutes to look through. And then I keep running into walls. Not physical walls, but mental ones. The one I run into the most often while packing is when I don't know what to go for next. There are a million and one things that need to be taken care of, and I can't pick which one to do first.
I'm not too worried. I know everything will come together. I just need to keep gettin' things done. I'm excited for when all this packing stuff will be over.
Laters.

1 comment:

Elaine Butler said...

Hope your year is going well. Jon called me Tuesday. I had to run out there Wednesday and take him his retainer and a guitar. I hope you didn't leave anything that urgent.

Mom