Monday, August 13, 2007

My Buddy

My friends' wedding is this next Saturday. Their pretty excited. To be honest, I'm pretty excited too. Sure they are going to have a lot of rough times ahead of them, but who doesn't.
It's a crazy thing. He and I were talking not to long back when he said that he never would have thought that he would be the one to get married first. He was always the free spirited one. Not one for big responsibilities. And I was the one who lived by the book; always analyzing and second guessing his crazier ideas. It's a wonder we ever became friends to begin with. Even so, how we ever managed to stay friends is another mystery. But we did, and we are. And now he is, and I'm not anywhere close.
Of course he has matured a lot in the last few years. Now he's got himself a full time job, a home, and soon enough a wife.
As for me, I get to live the life of a vagabond. Bound to no one, and free from many responsibilities. I have no constant employment, and nothing full time. I live where I can (currently that means living with my parents while I'm not at school).
We almost switched roles, as it were. I'm sure a good chunk of it has a lot to do with each one's effect on the other. He's helped me out of my box, and I've helped him to consider things before taking action. It's a really cool relationship we have. Just the kind of thing God would put together. Like, peanut butter and potato chips.
Who woulda' thunk it?

No comments: