Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blessings And Battles

Week three:
Sunday was a huge surprise for me. After working all afternoon I was given an unexpected challenge. One of the counselors for the camp this week didn't show up, and they asked me to fill in for one night until they could get a replacement. It wasn't the relaxing evening I had in mind. However, it was exactly the evening God had in mind for me.
After spending at least a week of summer staff feeling worn out and drained I never would have thought that a night of watching middle schoolers was exactly what I needed. But, oddly enough, the next morning I felt wonderfully rejuvenated. The days that followed were all equally energized. God is so good...even if he does provide in strange ways.
This last week has been full of beautiful, painful and exciting moments in our community. We have been able to support each other, challenge each other and grow with each other. I know that I am playing a good part in this community, but I continue to wonder if there is something that I am missing. Is it enough to be there for people; to support and encourage and provide what I can when it's needed? Or do I need to be more actively pursuing people's needs?
I need God's grace so much. The more and more I pursue him and desire to follow him, the more I realize just how much I need him. I need his grace. I need his love. I need his joy.
Lord help me?

No comments: