Friday, October 20, 2006

Weeeeeeeeeeee!

"How is the college life?" This seems to be the question of the last couple months--and I'm sure the next year as well.
I think I will attempt to answer this question by describing my life yesterday.
It all started with the normal classes. Thursdays I have freshman seminar which is basically a group designed to make sure that new students aren't falling behind and without any hope or help. On the school website it showed that we had an assignment due yesterday in this class. So I did the reading and answered the questions. No problem. Then we get to class and he says that he didn't actually physically assign it to us, so it wasn't due. Ugh! Good news, I now don't have to do the assignment for next week so long as I turn in the assignment that I already did.
After that I have intro to worship studies (I'm a worship arts major). We had to turn in the rough draft of our definitions of worship. Over all, not a bad day for that class.
Next comes voice class (cause voice is my primary instrument and the class is cheaper than paying for lessons). It was in this class that I was reminded of a paper we were assigned that I had forgotten about...And it was due right then. Well, actually it was just due that day. So the teacher told me that as long as I got it to her before she left the campus @5:15, it would be good. Well, that's great...Except that I have classes until 4:30 on Thursdays. Woo hoo!
After this I had lunch. Yay!
Then comes Aural skills. We talked about our song rating systems that we came up with. Mine is an ear diagram. I'm still not entirely sure that it was such a great idea. All I know is that I was told to be creative, so I was.
This is then followed by choir. We had our stage rehearsal because tonight we have a performance. So that was all fine and dandy.
After this I ran to the music house, wrote up my paper for voice class, and turned it in before 5:15. Huzzah!
Now comes the exciting part. While everyone else is going crazy (because yesterday was open dorms for the guys--in other words girls were allowed to come into the guy dorms. ugh.) I had to get all my reading--from 2 Chronicles through Esther--done so I could fill out the write up and turn it in for my class the next morning. Suffice it to say I was up until 3 in the morning--and not cause I slacked off either. I was on the ball...Just last minute.
Well, I need to go get ready for my concert. Laters.

1 comment:

Elaine Butler said...

So I really want to know what definition of worship you came up with.
Great Concert!