Friday, November 18, 2005

A Lovely Night

Have you ever had one of those days when you just wanted it all to be over; All the responsibilities, all the work, all the never ending...stuff? That's what kind of a week I have just been through. That's what kind of a month I have just endured. But this week has been the worst of it all. With play practice at 7 every night and the performances from Wednesday to Saturday (I'm not done with this week yet) I have been way beyond my limits of duration. I should be lying on the floor right now twitching from the lack of sleep and all the work. On top of all the play stuff I have had to keep up with my academic studies, as well as my social life. I've been placing college applications at 12 o'clock at night, writing papers on stuff that I don't know much about, and trying to stay connected with my friends.
All this to say, I'm tired.
I'm so tired I'm not even going to put an exclamation mark after that statement to accent it. I'm too tired to place accents.
We did a matinee for the grade-schoolers on Wednesday. It was a half day for all the schools in the state, so we didn't have any classes that day. After that point the school week should have ended...but it didn't. My brain was in stand-by mode waiting for the weekend and I kept on having to re-boot it for my classes. I would be in math class (I'm usually a genius at math) and my brain would just stop registering any input. "Quadratic whats!?"
I have one more time to present this play. Cinderella--it has been a lot of fun putting it together, and even performing it. But I am very ready for it to be over. I need to get back to the rest of my life.
I'll probably never forget this play. While we were still pulling it together there were struggles and difficulties, and there were many--oh, so many--moments (more like entire minutes) of laughter. I learned to waltz.
I don't know what to say. I can tell you this. In all this time of weakness, despair, and fear, God has been with me all the way. Many were the times that a situation would arise from which there seemed to be no hope of success, and many were the times that I said to myself "God will work it out; God loves me." Just ask my friends, they have heard it multiple times in the last month. "I'm worried about this, but it's ok, God loves me." I have seen him do so much for me and all I can do is praise him. And I will continue to seek a life that is in him so that my joy may be made complete.

8 comments:

Eric said...

Yes, I know that overworked feeling quite well... though the answer is staring you right in the face: cut the social life, man. It's dead weight. Nobody really needs it. It's quite astounding how much time all that actually takes up...
And yes, God may love you... but did He not also love Job?

In the end said...

Yes I think all people are over worked, I actually got to be semi lazy this weakend. it was nice.

And yes eric God loved job, he wasnt the guy who desolated job, satan was the one that tormented job.

Michael said...

Ben, I'm afraid I might have to ask you to never comment on my blog again unless you take off that seizure-inducing picture. But we'll see if I ever actually ask.

Eric, God loves me, God loved Job, and God could drag me through the yuckiest mud on this planet and still love me. That's all I need. You might understand one day.

In the end said...

Fine I changed it. But I wont like it. I know I wont. Bob stole my cookie. I dont like him anymore.

Michael said...

Note to self: Never steal Ben's cookies.
Wait! Were those the cookies I gave you? The cookies that I gave you for free?! Is that what Bob was hung for, stealing cookies from you that you didn't even have to pay for?!?! Shame on you Ben! Sham on you and your not-so-little dog too!

Eric said...

Oh, I understand what the whole Job thing was about, I'm only using it to refute your "God will work it out" hypothesis... the rest is sound enough. One may need only God's love, but that certainly doesn't mean that everything will go well for them.

Michael said...

"Consider it all joy, my brothers..."

If you want to know what that means, you'll have to ask.

Eric said...

Fine... I'll play. What then, Senor Butler, do you mean by "consider it all joy, my brothers..."?