Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Heart Breaker

Don't let the title fool you. Yes, it is V-day (I don't mean Veterans). But the only thing I've been doing with hearts today is eating them. A friend of mine sits next to me in Chemistry every day. Today she had a bag of chocolate hearts to give to her friends, and a bag of sweet-hearts (you know the ones. They have words written on them, and they have the texture of chalk.) She gave me a two of the chocolate ones and set the other bag out as fare game for everyone at our table. By the end of class she said that she was getting sick of the chalk hearts. I quickly responded with, "Well I'm not." So she gave me the whole bag.
Some people have told me that it's not good for your teeth to be crunching those kinds of things. I still haven't learned. I finished the whole bag...with help. And that, my friends, is all the heart breaking I've been doing today. Just shattered them.
the weather here has been a little bi-polar. On Sunday it was really sunny, and even warm. Today it was snowing. And I don't just mean little snow flakes. I mean snow chunks. And it didn't just last a couple minutes. It went for a little while at multiple times. It's really cool. When a friend of mine came into our first period class this morning she said that "the weather has its holidays mixed up. It was supposed to do this on Christmas. Not on Valentines day."

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

so much for expectations of the weather...

Lanelle said...

i love it!

so long as it doesn't snow mid july i don't care what it does most of the spring. i mean, really, does it matter? i think my flower buds look pretty cool frozen!