Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Honest, I'm Not Crazy...This Time.

This has not been my day.

I don't mean that it has been a bad day. Not by any means has it been a bad day. In fact it has been a fairly good day. But it doesn't seem like it has been mine.

It's almost as though I have just experienced the usual day of someone else. A lot of what I did today was not the kind of things I normally do. And yet the day felt as though--in spite of the innormality of it all--it could be no more normal.

I don't really know what to say. I would be interested in finding out--if in fact this was not my day--who it is that did have my day today. I don't think I want it back. Especially after it has been used. But I am curious to see what they thought of my life. And I'm wondering if they got one of my normal days or a diversely unique one. Sorry for any inconvenience. I do much appreciate the use of your time.

"Don't do white drugs!"
~A kid in my music theory class

2 comments:

Elaine Butler said...

Happy Birthday.

That would be "abnormality". It's a weird word.

Mom

Michael said...

Hehe, no one knew that they were supposed to be paying attention to me that day. So not many people did.