Saturday, January 14, 2006

1

Is there really a better way? Seems to me that this is the best way I could find. I dare you to find a better way... Nope, too late. I already did.
So what is it about school that I despise so much? It's not the learning. I get really excited when I learn something new that makes complete sense. People in my chemistry and math classes think I'm a genius...and a freak, but mostly a freak. I love learning.
I think that it must be the time factor. I don't like to waste my time. I mean, it would be really cool if I could learn all the cool stuff without having to learn the other boring stuff. That way I wouldn't waste my time. Then I could get on with life, and do all the other things that I want to do.
The other time waster is homework. I realize that it aides in the learning process. It gives you practice at what you aren't so good at, and forces you to learn things that won't be taught in class. I just wish that it didn't have to be done. There are other things I would like to be doing.
Of course, this term I can't really complain. I only have two classes that give real homework, and they are both classes that I am really good at. So I'm not complaining about school right now. I'm just explaining what kids think the adverse effects of school are.
I don't know what I'll think of college. Granted, if I live on campus there won't be a lot of down time going between my classes and my living quarters. But I hear that college homework can be pretty tricky. Well, as along as I have God helping me with my homework I don't have much to worry about.
I'm still pondering that whole 'British accent first year of college' thing. I'll let you know what I decide. Laters.

4 comments:

Elaine Butler said...

You only have about three weeks to decide on the accent. Think fast.

Michael said...

OOooo. Good point.

Carina said...

UM...

God helps you with homework????!!!!????? you....what's your secret!?

Michael said...

Oh yeah! God and I, we're tight. I do stuff for him, and He helps me with my work. He knows all the stuff I'm learning. He must be the smartest person I know. And that's saying a lot. I know some really smart people.