Saturday, January 07, 2006

Here We Go Again

Reinstated due to popular demand: It's Kin! (crowd starts screaming and cheering).

Ok, let's get serious now.
Well folks, it happened again. This Friday evening and Saturday morning I was at another reunion. This time it was the summer seminary reunion. The same things happened. Faces incited memories. Jokes and phrases almost forgotten were brought back to life. It was really great to see all those people again. Though I was a little sad that the best friend I had at summer seminary wasn't able to come. He does live all the way up in Washington, so I don't blame him for not showing. But it still would have been really cool if he could have been there. I'm going to have to get back together with him some time. Maybe I'll email him.
Two of my friends from veritas go to Corban college and both of them were able to come to the reunion. I got to talk with them about the college and get some good inside information. One of our theology profs from veritas works at Corban. He showed up as well. I talked with him for a little while. He told me to stop by his office when I visit the college.
I really want to go there. Corban, I mean. I could probably do just fine at Warner Pacific or Multnomah Bible or even community college. But I've already spent two weeks at Corban. I know what it's like around there. It's a beautiful place (if you don't mind the great view of the state penitentiary just across the street).
Warner Pacific feels a little exotic and over powering. Just a little too much for me. (I'm probably just creating these images in my head based on what little I know about the colleges and what little I think of me) Multnomah seems a little bland. I mean sure, they have great bible, and that's not a bad thing, But I think I need a little more than that.
I think the locations are affecting my judgment as well. Multnomah and Warner are both right in the middle of Portland...so to speak. Corban, though in the Salem area, is much further from the actual city buildings and things. It's kind of right on this hillside that looks over these huge fields. You can see the city, but it's still at a comfortable distance. It's a beautiful place.

3 comments:

Wiseman365 said...

college is overrated

Elaine Butler said...

College is overrated if you're just going to get the sheepskin. But if you're going to gain skills and relationships you'll need for life - it could be a good thing.

Elaine, who never got a degree or even completed a full year of college

Michael said...

Hmm...I guess the sheepskin didn't fit very well, eh?