Friday, May 26, 2006

Time&Place

This is a poem I wrote a while back. I found it while going through one of my journals.

I only wish that for the moment
I could find a time and place
Of peace; tranquility; un-disturbed.
If but for time, I have no place,
And in place lack time.
Passing by the places I see--
Full of joy
And pleasant memories--
I find that time is stretched too thin.
I can recall the times in past
When place and time were always present.
In my youth I always found
The clock to please
And land to satisfy.
What wondrous places
And endless time;
My greatest friends in life.
I had no need for other company;
All was there as I had need.
But time is lost,
And I am here.
Were I there
With time to spend,
I would not pine
For such small things.
As it is
I am content.
Copyright Kin Butler 2006

4 comments:

Carina said...

wow kin. that was good. your pretty smart in putting a copywrite. i would have copied and pasted it onto my site and called it mine...and i would have been pretty safe because most of the people who read my site, don't even knoe you...MWAHAHAHAHAH@!!!!! my plan has worked!!!! i conquer EVERYTHING!!!! no one can stop me!!!!! you just try kin!!!!!

ok. i feel stupid. sorry. but in all reality it was a pretty good poem. there were some areas that really confused me...but do realize, i have kept in mind that you wrote it awhile ago....

Elaine Butler said...

Since it is yours, it's not too late to edit it. It's a good poem, just a bit confusing in spots. I like the concept, and you've presented it in a good form.

Elaine Butler said...

This is a test. Will my picture show up here? If not, can someone tell me how to make it do so?

Elaine Butler said...

Yeah! It worked!