Sunday, August 27, 2006

Uuumm....Hi

How many of you know where Timbucktu is? Well, guess where I am.

That's right, I'm in Oregon.

To be exact I'm at college. I'm not going to give the name of the college for security reasons--my security, not the college's.
I moved in here yesterday. I start classes on Wednesday. Yet, I get home work on Monday--due Tuesday.
I'm really excited to see how this all works out.
I'm living in the same dorm and the same hall that I lived in all three years for Summer Seminary. This makes things a little weird. I'm still coming to grips with the fact that I'm here for school. It still only feels like I'm here for a Summer Seminary kind of thing. Same atmosphere, same feeling with many new faces and a few old ones. There are going to be four previous Summer Seminary students attending this school this year, including myself, and two theology professors who work here.
Today we had church in the chapel building, followed by lunch. After that I went up to my dorm and played pool with some people for an hour.
Now, as you can see evidence to, I am writing. Later today I'll be going to the house of my core group leader, and we're going to hang out and have some fun before the torture begins.
Laters.

4 comments:

Lanelle said...

Hey!

Just wanted to say that - I hope your first weeks go swell and you adjust to your new life!

play pool for me, and write when you can (on here, haha!)

Elaine Butler said...

Thanks for the memories!
We had a great visit with your RA's parents Saturday night. Sue couldn't believe I was really interested in Jim's Alternative Ed job, but it was fascinating. Neat people!
We also sat with Daren Milionis (again!) and Tim Anderson. More neat people. I think you're going to like it there, but you knew that!

Carina said...

Hey kin. I hope you enjoy 4 Year College Life. God's Farely awesome, so I'm sure He'll be inspiring you for quite some time, hopefully your whole life.

Elaine Butler said...

Tell us what you did for church! Did you get a ride somewhere Sunday morning?