Friday, December 02, 2005

Are We There Yet?

Do you see it? It's right there. You mean you can't see it? It's not two feet in front of you. Oh! There it goes! Ah, you missed it. It was pretty cool. You don't get to see something like that every day. And apparently you don't ever get to see anything like that. I told you to look, but no. You couldn't see it. Oh well. Better luck next time.

So I've been thinking lately. I don't know that I can pin-point one thought though. I've been thinking about Christmas. I've been thinking about relationships. My sister is coming out to this Podunk-vill every week now to help out with my youth group. I've been thinking about college. I've been thinking about this town. Did you know that I can walk from one end of this town to the other and back in under an hour? It's true. I've done it. I love this town. I've been thinking about the fact that I'm going to have to leave this town for a time in order to go to college. I've been thinking about how I'm going to have to leave my relationships for a time to go to college. I've been thinking about all the new relationships I will develop at college. I've been thinking about having a British accent at college (hehe). I probably won't though. I'm too honest. That and I don't have a smooth British accent.
I've been thinking about a lot. I don't know how it will all work out, but would I really want to know?
It's kind of like this thing that three guys were debating about at camp (myself being one of them). We were arguing whether or not it would be good to know what girls are thinking about us. I was on the side of it probably being a dangerous thing to know. I mean, sure there are times when you may really want to know something of what they are thinking, but I know that I really don't want to know. Cause if I were to find out what they were thinking--no matter good or bad--it would bug me somehow. There are lots of other reasons. If it's really something important then you might as well ask. Otherwise, it's just a burden no matter what the info is.
Anyway, I guess my point is, there are just some things that are better left to temporary ignorance. If we knew what was going to happen to us, would that make us happy, or would it only freak out, and depress us or turn us into intolerable snobs. The future is scary enough when we don't know what is going to happen. Why would we want to then take the fun of suprises away just to find out that we die by slipping in the bathroom, hitting out head on the tub, falling into comma, waking up in a hospital two weeks later, and being squeezed literally do death by our cousin, Rupert.
We don't know what is going to happen. But that is what makes life exciting and interesting. It also keeps us from loosing out desire to go on. No life is perfect. If you knew all the bad things that were going to happen to you before you were ready for them, you probably wouldn't want to give yourself the chance to get to them.
But that is where the great part comes. It's true that everyone goes through tough things in their life. But we grow as we go through those times. Ten years from now you might be faced with something that would put you into shock if it were to occur now, but between now and then there are smaller things that happen, or maybe bigger things that you know how to handle. We learn from our experiences. We grow toward the goal. Why would we want to see what is going to happen later? We have things to deal with now.
I've been doing a lot of thinking. So I'm ready for a break. Laters.

4 comments:

Michael said...

SEE! I told you! What did I say? I said, "No. We really don't want to know what they are thinking." Now Look what you've done. LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!

Hehehe.

Anna said...

I often want to know what certain people are thinking about. Not necessarily guys and not necessarily about me just I sometimes want to be the fly on the wall you know?

Michael said...

Know well, do I, this desire to be as such as the fly. (For some reason I wrote this comment in a style similare to Yoda's speech.)

Stephanie said...

flys are gross you guys. (hahaha)