Tuesday, December 20, 2005

'Tis The Season To Lozenge

There is this illness going around that attacks the throat and the head. It gives you a headache, makes you feel woozy, and makes all your muscles ache. It also does something to the back of your throat. This illness has struck my house. Just about everyone here has had it now. I got it yesterday. My mom got it today. My little brother had it a few days ago. I don't know if my dad contracted it at some time (he didn't tell us if he did).
Right now I'm pretty much over the head and muscle aches. The only trouble I have left is in the throat. You can't really tell that anything is wrong with it until you swallow. That's when it feels like your throat has been shredded up.
I had to perform at the Grotto last night. I stood up on that stage for almost an hour with my head killing me, my muscles just wanting to fall out from under me, and my throat yelling "What do you think you're doing? Can't you tell I need a break?" It was in this state that I had to sing and play my trumpet. Somehow I was able to sing clearly and well. My trumpet playing wasn't too bad either. I lost all feeling in my toes just from standing up there for so long.
Why is it that my least favorite performances are at the Grotto? The first year I sang there I got so light headed that I had to leave the stage for the rest of the performance. The next year the same thing happened, only I was able to return to the performance after a little while. The next two years weren't nearly as bad, but each time I feared that I would end up having to leave the stage again. This year I didn't faint and I didn't have to leave the stage, but I almost wished that I did.
Oh well, the Christmas performance season is over: my last one for high school. After this it will be college Christmas season performances. I don't know if I'll ever get the opportunity to perform at the Grotto again.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Indeed.

Anna said...

The illness has struck my throat and body as well. I hate it...

In the end said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
In the end said...

Great now you have got mother paranoid about me getting sick! Shes giving me "Detox tea." It tastes like its doing something other then detoxing.

Joy said...

Oh, my, that, I believe, is what I'm suffering from. I was pretty sure I got it from my little nephew, not NOW I'm not so sure....