Wednesday, August 24, 2005

*Sniff Sniff* Ahhhhh!

I suppose I could actually tell you all what I actually did on TCL. Not that I didn't learn how to knit, just that knitting wasn't what I was there for.
This last week was actually very eventful, aside from the knitting. It started off with digging in the sewage on Monday.
I was on facilities this week. Facilities just means that we do all the odd jobs around the camp. It just so happens that before that week end the sewage pipe broke, and last weeks facilities team had to dig the dirt out around the pipe. By the time Monday came around they were ready to fix the pipe, but all the "liquid" that had leaked out had to be bailed out of the hole. Let's just say that there was a certain aroma to the job. Good times.
Actually, I was probably the one person who didn't mind the smell so much. True, there are things that my nose is sensitive to, but I guess sewage just isn't one of them. It helped a lot that we were working out doors. The odors weren't too condensed and potent.

On Thursday all the TCL'ers went to Calamity Jane's. That was a tasty treat. That night I ended up leading worship for the campers at chapel. Then I had the honor of being sent to start a fire for the horse camp. I couldn't start a fire to save my life. Thank heavens they sent someone with me. So I supervised. It was a beautiful fire.

Friday one of the counselors had to leave, so I was the replacement. From the moment I finished with breakfast dishes at 10:00 'till free time at 3:30 I was counseling.

Saturday all of TCL and summer staff were cleaning the entire camp. I'm pretty sure I got one of the best jobs ever. I was on litter patrol. But that wasn't the good part. It was litter patrol on the trails up in the woods. I love walking in the woods. It's my element. Like I said, the best job ever.
That evening, for the banquet all the TCL guys wore ties. The reason for this, as Trevor put it, "'Cause we got class."

I think that's all for that week. Yeah, Laters.

No comments: