Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I think I've seen this part of the movie before.

I don't know exactly what God is trying to do right now. It seems like He is working almost every angle possible. One moment he is blessing me, and the next it seems like he is trying to make life difficult.
One of the things that makes me so unique from a lot of people is that I find pleasure in the little things. Today I was painting that shed that I mentioned before. I had noticed in the morning that the clouds hadn't left yet. The reason I hadn't painted yesterday was that it was raining. It was looking like the same would happen today. However, God was gracious enough to not only hold back the rain, he also got rid of the clouds so that it was sunny. I was thrilled to say the least.
Then I came home and was quickly reminded why it was that I shouldn't leave my family at home alone for very long. Our water heater busted.
I don't know about you, but I like hot water. I think that hot water is a great thing. Cold water is good too, but hot water is just as important.
Anyway, my dad is going to have to replace the water heater. That means I'm going to have some work to do for the next couple days, if not weeks. It may be a bit bothersome, but there are worse things that could happen. (Note: some people would knock on wood after saying such a thing. I, however, enjoy challenging the forces of karma and luck, because they don't exist. And even if they did, I'm to busy being distracted by the simple pleasures in life that I wouldn't notice too much if things were going wrong. Mua hahahaa. It is too easy, being me.)

No comments: