Thursday, July 21, 2005

Ranch Goes With Everything

How about another installment of "what in the world I've been doing these last few weeks." Maybe I should start with getting an inventory of everything I've been doing and everything I've covered already.

Camping trip with the Mayers: Check.

Summer seminary (Veritas): Umm...Somewhat check.

Counseling at eagle fern: kind of, not really check.

This last week: no check.

Ok looks like I have a lot to cover. Seeing as I kind of went over the summer seminary thing I guess I'll move on to my counseling experience.
I actually left to go counsel the day after I got back from Veritas. I only found out the day before that I had to be there at 8:00 in the morning. That kind of messed up my plans to go to church that day. Oh well.
So I got there, went through the much needed training. Or was it needed? I don't know that I used much of it. However, I did feel more confidant knowing that I knew all the stuff.
The week started rather slow. I thought it would never end. I had started to lose my voice. Cause I had some kind of cold thing, and was always yelling to keep the kids together.
I had eight boys in my cabin. Most of them were Christians. The majority of them were 9 years old, and all the rest were 8. One of the kids had his birthday that week.
I don't really know what else to say. I thank God for all the patience he gave me, as well as the perseverance. If God hadn't been working in my life that week, it could have gotten ugly. But he was, so it wasn't.
Hopefully he will continue to bless me with such patience as I am still around people. 'Cause let's face it, people are difficult to be around. Even the good ones can get to be a bit frustrating. I even frustrate myself. I don't know what God was thinking when he made people, but I do know that he has a sense of humor. So I shall laugh, and bid thee all farewell.
Ha! Laters.

No comments: