Friday, September 16, 2005

cPonEfuAsCioEn

If but to dream, then I shall dream no more.
For loss in life be alike to gain wherever phantoms are concerned.
No need is there for deep despair when all of now is lost to time.
'Tis but a dream in all its glory. Never more. Never more.
What is the place to the eye of change? Dust and soot, the blankets of time.
I see no more of the self I sought to be. The dead skin empty on the floor.
Where is the portrait of the child who's eyes once peered into the soul?
No longer do I fear the losses of the game that plagues the mind.
What more need come to the hearts of sound calling?

However,
peace be found amidst the storm of confusion.
Sight given to those among the blind.
Understanding comes though few may know it.
Fear evades me as I seek new life.
Freedom found,
And far from a dream.

C Kin Butler 2005

6 comments:

Eric said...

Wow... nice job, man. I'm quite impressed. Perhaps I'm crazy (and yeah, perhaps that's more than likely), but it seems to have almost a bit of a nihilistic feel to it; only more of the Christian nihilism than the whole "I believe in nothing!" nihilism. Too bad you didn't copyright it... =D
It's also a shame confusion doesn't have one more or one less letter... then peace would be more evenly distributed, eh?
Raw food isn't really good for you, either, so don't listen to that guy ^^.

Lanelle said...

Nice job Kin.

Michael said...

Take that Eric! I hope you haven't put it on the main stream yet.

It is a shame about the title. I worked on that for a while, the whole time wondering if people would even catch it.

Elaine Butler said...

Christian nihilism? I think it's more like trust. We don't have to understand or make sense of every piece of life, if we trust the Person who does understand. Not that we don't attempt comprehension, but we don't need to panic when life gets vague around the edges. Or even in the middle.

Eric said...

It is this very trust, however, from which this nihilism arises, I think. By nihilism, I merely mean the devaluation of the current reality and the world in which we exist, in this case in favor of another world beyond that which we can readily perceive. It essentially possesses these same characteristics as actual nihilism, which also encompasses the utter meaninglessness of corporeal existence, but it is better in that it gives all meaning and purpose up to God rather than surrendering it all to cold nothingness. I certainly never said this "Christian nihilism" was a bad thing.

Stephanie said...

So cool... writing has got to be one of the most amazing forms of expression... keep writing!!