Friday, September 23, 2005

Pedestrian Stop-Lights

As the two figures walk down the avenue there conversation becomes a little more than audible to any passers by. Neither one gives much thought to the fact that their useless banter can be heard by the general public. They continue with not so much as a thought to what they are saying. In fact neither one really thinks much at all.
"I don't see how such a thing can even come to pass."
"Well, it's true enough. Regardless of the plausibility of the matter it did happen."
"What will this mean for the rest of them?"
"I'm not really sure. And for that matter what will it mean for us? I hadn't even thought about it."
"Do you suppose there is anything that can be done?"
"I'm certain there are many things that CAN be done. Whether or not it will make any difference I couldn't say."
"So there is no hope."
"No hope in deed."
"What should we do now?"
"I suppose we just keep walking until we come to our destination."
"But where is that?"
"At the place we stop, of course."
"I wonder if the rest of them know what happened."
"If they haven't figured it out by now, they will soon enough."
"Do you suppose any of them saw it coming?"
"Nothing can be certain. I'm sure it's possible. Who knows?"

SEE!?!? This is what happens when you take AP English in high school. You read things such as "Waiting For Godot" and next thing you know, most of your abstract thoughts are in absurd form. "What are we doing?" "Nothing" "What for?" "That's what we do". Absurdism--it's a roller coaster of obnoxious, entertaining, random, vague, pointless, (and many other things) thought. I don't know why I wrote it. It's just the kind of thing that has been waiting to be written for over a week now. I thought it would be fun to write such a thing. True, this is a weak piece. I wasn't trying very hard. I wasn't even trying to write such a piece. That's just what happened when I let my mind loose.
I am going to have to write a paper this weekend. Another one. I mean, what was wrong with the one I wrote last week? Was that not enough to last you a little while? You have to have another one within two weeks of the last.
It's due Tuesday. So long as I have something tomorrow I will be doing well. Once I have an idea and some words to work with I don't have much trouble writing the whole paper. We'll just see how long this one takes. This should be fun. Laters.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Haha! Exactly!

Elaine Butler said...

There for a minute, I thought this blog was about Lanelle and I. Just a bit paranoid.

Michael said...

You can't be paranoid... That's my job.