Thursday, September 22, 2005

*Nerd Alert!*

Have you ever had one of those days that just didn't exist? Not that it didn't happen, just that it was kind of like it happened while you weren't really in it. Not that you ceased to exist for a day, just that your consciousness was, at the very least, dulled to the world to the point that you wonder if you were even conscious at the time. I know that there are some of you who know what I mean. Well, lately my life has been a lot like that almost everyday. Not that I'm not conscious to the world around me, and not to say that my life has been boring. In fact, if anything, this feeling has been brought about by the constant action, excitement, and all around good times I've been having for the last month. My life isn't dull, I am becoming dull to the excitement of life. All the great things that have been happening in my life have become the norm. It's just the way life works now.
I realize this is something that won't last for too long, and soon I will be wondering if there is any point to life other than going to school and being a hermit in my room. This is why I am not taking these weeks for granted. It may not seem like it's a big deal any more, but I know that it is. So when people ask that oh, so classic line, "How are you?", I respond quite quickly and with honest excitement "I am doing excellently." I don't know if that is even a proper sentence, but I'm not trying to give them an essay on my life. It gets the point across.
It's crazy, I even have fun in school. I would rather not have to go to school, but so long as I'm there I'm going to make the best of it. And I'm having a grand time.
Well, dinner calls. Laters.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hmm... well, when it happens to me it's less of a boredom thing and more of a 'didn't get enough sleep' thing... but that's just me...

In the end said...

Yeah I know how that goes.

Eric said...

Ever had one of those days? Ha! Ever had one of those years? I believe I know what you mean when you speak of nonexistence and numbness, only you could be wrong on one point... that it will soon go away. I used to think that, but it might surprise you how long you can go on feeling absolutely nothing but in distant retrospect, and though I'm confident that you'll soon pull out of it, that isn't always the case.

That's the only ray of sunshine you're getting out of me, today =D