Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Photo Opp!

Today was a half day. I got out of school at around 11:25-ish. Before I managed my escape, however, I had to get through my 5th period class...AP English. I wasn't worried at all. I actually enjoy the class (please don't faint at such remarks. It's true, I do enjoy many of my classes. And no, I'm not sick.) Today is Wednesday. Wednesday means practice AP exam in English class. I'm still not worried. After finishing the test I had a few minutes before our time was up. Well, I decided to use this opportunity to "take care of some business." I went and asked Mr. Christiansen if I could step out of the room for a little while, to which he responded in the affirmative. All of this is fine and well, but his next words made a circus act of my entire day. He said "Take something with you" as he pointed to a few pictures on a shelf next to his desk. I didn't quite follow what he was saying. I got the idea that he meant to take something as a hall pass, but he was pointing at pictures of what I believe to be his family.
"You want me to just take a picture of your family right off your desk?" Was the thought that screamed in my mind. Not only was I to take one of the pictures, I also had to pick which one. I didn't want to start playing favorites. Luckily, just as I was reaching for the cheapest frame that I saw C.J. walked into the room, and his next line was so cool. His words were "Here. This is a good one." as he handed me a slightly more manageable picture of two kids.
It took me a little while to get over the shock of the whole situation. Looking back on it I still get goosbumps. It was quite a moral dilemma. I'm not the kind of person who just walks off with peoples stuff. Sure I was to bring it back, but it was still something I was just not ready to do.
Well, the whole issue being resolved I went about my business for the rest of the day, and now you find me here.

4 comments:

Michael said...

You might have noticed the new "word verification" feature. I really hated the idea of using this thing. But now anyone can comment and I don't have to worry about all that spam. All it takes is a few more key strokes. I'm sure you'll survive.

Stephanie said...

Haha-- Once Mr. C handed me a book of blank hall passes to take with me. He does have this cool Shakespeare paper weight that I always took... then again... kid's would be a good one too... haha-- next time take one of his dying plants... take it to a dying plant refuge...

Michael said...

Ok. All this "anonymous" stuff has forced me to go back to only alowing registered users to comment.
But hey! Good news: You won't have to type in that dumb "word recognition" stuff anymore.

Eric said...

Damn... what did I do this time? And who in God's name are you?!

Is this why you did away with anonymous comments? If so... I can't say I blame you.