Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Computers, Jazz, and English

I'm going to have to make this post short and sweet. The reason being that I am on my brothers computer, and the reason for this is the same reason I haven't been able to post for the last two days. My computer is dying.
It's realy quite a sad state of afairs. I guess some time in the last week when I went online it automaticly "upgraded" the computer. It's not exactly a new computer, and it was already slow. Now it won't even go online without dying. I'm lucky if I can get on AIM before it dies. And yes, I have tried hitting it reeeealy hard. 'Nough said.
Today we had the very first Tri-vally League jazz festival. It was totaly fun. The great thing about jazz band perfomances is that it's alot more relaxed than concert band perfomances. Sadly, we were the only band to figure that out. All the other bands were so stuck in their music that they didn't look like they were having any fun. Sufficed to say, out of four bands we placed 1st. Haha. I'm never first. When I got back to school I still had fifth period to go to, and everyone else was still in lunch. I walked right through the school commons, still wearing my tux and trumpet in hand. Everyone else may not have know what we had acomplished that day, but I didn't care. I walked through those commons in a stately manner fitting to a man that had acomplished the imposible. I felt like a king. It was great.
But don't worry, I won't get a big head. I was talking with Stephanie on line and she very quickly put me in my place by correcting my spelling. Thanks Steph.

1 comment: