Thursday, May 05, 2005

My Day in court

TOday in my social studies class we had a debate over the Dred Scott case back in the 18 somthing's. Or was it 17 something's? Anyway the point is that we organised the debate court style. There was a judge, and two sides. One side opposed the Supreme Court's decision in the Dred Scott case, and the other side deffended the Court's decision. Three members on each side. I was on the deffense.
The whole thing started out a bit awkward. No one realy knew how to aproach the whole thing. But once the bullets started to fly you couldn't get people to shut up. If we had more time I could have caught the opposition on so many technicalities in word usage. It wouldn't have even been funny... for them.
All in all the whole thing went well. Accept that we didn't have nearly enough time. And of coarse, me having the delayed mind that I do, I came up with the perfect opening statement...after I got home. Darn! I need to work on that.
OH! Yeah! I have state choral festival tomorrow. That is going to be alot of fun. Last year was a blast. This year should be better. I should start gettng ready. LA LA LA... Later days.

No comments: