Friday, May 06, 2005

La, Do, So,

Today, yes the day of this writing, I have competed in the Oregon state choral festival, and I'm tired! I did get out of three periods of school to do it. And that is a bonus. It was fun. I dunno. I've been singing in this stuff for so long that it just happens, and that's that. No big deal, no stress, no Jason.
Now that last comment should be explained. This is the first year that I have been in choir without Jason, my best friend. At the beggining of the year I wondered how I would manage all those field trip bus rides without anyone to talk with. Well so much for that. Today I couldn't get people to stop talking to me. This year was a bit different though cause Jason usualy has all these outside connections. Last year we met people at the competition that weren't from our school, but that Jason knew.
My older brother did go and play his piccolo. (For those of you who don't know what that is: A piccolo is a miniture version of a flute.) We sang this sweet celtic song with drums, piccolo, and guitar. Eric had the drums, Jon the piccolo, and stephanie was on the guitar. I realy love singing celtic songs. It just seems natural. Maybe something to do with my Irish roots.
On the bus ride back I was sitting rite in the middle of all these cackling girls. Ugh! That was tiring, and at times a little obnoctious. But that's ok. I'll get over it. The worst part is all the whispering. Girls! Gagh! Grow up!
But it's ok. I don't hate any of them. Although at times it's almost like they are trying to make me hate them. What can you do?
I'll tell you what you can do. Do what i do.
Step #1: Smile
Step Two: Nod
Step C: Repeat steps #1 and Two
It's flawless. The worst that happens, they think you're a jerk and never talk to you again. Oh well, Their loss.

Dissclamer: I'm realy not a mean person, just missunderstood.

No comments: