Thursday, May 19, 2005

Spring Fling, Shming Fling!

I would just like to start this blog by saying, you are my most favoritest blog readers in the world.(Take that one, English teachers) Spring fling is going well. The choreography always starts out kind of weird, but it's getting to that point where it doesn't matter how awkward it feels. Oh, and I'm stealing the show. It's not my fault. Maybe I should explain.
Before we even began rehearsal I talked with Mr. Frunk about doing this classy duet with someone else, didn't matter who. So I had one duet. Then Frunk gave me another, eight measure, duet within the music. Ok, so I'm performing a lot. Doesn't bother me. Ah, but then there is this beautiful solo in the music that I didn't want Frunk to cut, and I didn't want it to go to someone that might ruin it. Sufficed to say, I took the solo, but I let Frunk think he was giving it to me. Well, wow, I'm up stage for half the show now. There is no way Frunk would put me up there any more. Right?
Wrong! Stephanie picked out this duet to sing. It's a nice song. If you want to know what it is you just might have to come to the performance. June 2nd and 3rd 7:30 start time. Back to what I was saying. Frunk gave me the other part of the duet.
I don't mind at all. Some may say that it's a lot of music to learn in a short time. It really isn't. Most of them are 16 or so measures. Not much. And the longest one is a song I've known for a year.
Three duets and one solo. Thus the joke, that apparently only I think is funny. I'M STEALING THE SHOW! It should be fun. Oh, and other people will be singing too. Just so you know. I'm not the only person in the world. If I was then who is reading this anyway? Who is reading this? You there, who do you think you are?!

Attention: school days left, 15!
Senior count, 10 days!

No comments: