Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Life doesn't stop for directions

That's just the way it works. You finish one thing and then another thing pops up. Never a moments peace. You spend two or three weeks working on and getting ready for this one day, or weekend, and you plan on taking a break right after it's over. Then as soon as the time has come and gone...BAM...you're busy again. And I'm sure I wouldn't have it any other way.
Last week I spent the whole week counting down the hours 'till prom. After that I sang a song, for my church, with a couple of my friends. As of this moment I'm staring Spring Fling and graduation right in the eyes.
Spring fling is a big production my high school chior has every year. We sing, we dance, and there is alot of preperation that has to be made. After school rehersals, rehersals on days that don't even have school. I mean, we're talking realy extra curricular activities. This is why it is posible to letter in band and chior. Say it with me. Over time. In the job world that kind of thing deserves extra pay.
And along those extra curricular lines we have to get ready for graduation. The band mostly. But the chior sings the national anthem, and some songs for baccalaureate earlier in the day. But the band plays a bunch of stuff durring graduation. That whole Pomp and Circumstance thing.
All that having been said, this is going to be a very interesting month.

1 comment:

Elaine Butler said...

You can count on it. Some people are getting overtime for spring fling. You're just on the wrong end of the production.