Monday, June 20, 2005

Blogs, Malls, And Storms

As some of you might have noticed (yeah, right) I haven't blogged for two days. It seems terrible for such a thing to happen to the, as Eric put it, "Blogging machine". And I do regret its happening.
Saturday I was at Clackamas Town Center. I needed to get a birthday present for my Mom, and a fathersday present for my Dad. Well, that, and I really wanted to get out of the house and to hang out with friends.
The plan, which was devised in one hour, was for a group, emphasis on group, of people to go to the mall, probably by bus. I pitched the idea to Stephanie and we spent the hour making calls, trying to get at least one other person. One rejection after another. Jessie, Jill, Joy (wow, I know a lot of people who's names start with J.) All of them were busy.
It was getting down to the last minutes. The bus would leave soon, and, if we were to go at all, we would have to catch a later bus.
Stephanie made one more call. Anna "Banana" "Bandanna" Ferante (try saying that ten times fast.) She wasn't going to be able to take the bus, but we could meet her once we got there.
Well that plan worked great.
A little piece of advice: When you are going to meet someone at Clackamas Town Center, Don't, I repeat, DON'T agree to meet at the "J.C. Pennies entrance"!
Reason #1: There are three exterior entrances on the top level alone.
#2: There is also an exterior entrance on the lower level.
#3: on both levels there is an interior entrance.
WHERE IN THE WORLD WERE WE SUPPOSED TO MEET HER?
Well, we didn't have time to think about it. By the time we had confirmation of another party member we had to get to the bus. I was able to walk at no particular pace. Stephanie, on the other hand, had to book it down "the hill."
I'm sure Reagan Hill could get a person killed if they tried to descend it too quickly. I want to try it some time. Not too quickly. Just... quick enough. Not enough to get killed though.
Well, we made it too the bus. We made it to the mall. We even found the gift for my dad before it was time to meet Anna "Bandanna".
Then we had the most fun time checking every and any entrance to that darn Pennies. We even sat at the main entrance for half an hour.
After that we were too hungry to wait around any longer.
All in all the trip was great. I hadn't had a chance to really talk with Stephanie since before all the graduation stuff, so it was nice to catch up.
Anyway, we got back just in time for me to leave for my mothers birthday party at my grandparent's house. That lasted 'till 10 o'clock. Thus I was not able to blog that day.
Sunday I was in the middle of taking care of all my blog duties when I was forced to shut down the computer due to an on coming storm.
The storm was pretty awesome. And the way it came in was incredible. I had never seen anything like it. It was just this really dark cloud, in the distance at first. Before long it was right over the entire town. The lightning and thunder were amazing. It lasted almost exactly two hours. Pouring rain, and thunder that shook buildings.
Of course, I was so unattached to the whole thing that I just sat there reading a book. And not only that, because I tend to get a little sleepy when I read, I read for a little while and then took a nap. Right in the middle of this tremendous storm I was sleeping.
Hey, maybe I'm getting a little better at that whole "more like Jesus" thing. He slept in the middle of a storm. But he didn't have a roof over his head and a warm room and a good book. Oh well. Close enough.

4 comments:

Elaine Butler said...

So, I'm wondering if you ever did connect with the Banana girl. And who is she? Is she related to Bob Ferrante, the drummer?

Thanks for attempting to be a group, at least.

In the end said...

Yeah that storm was well... fun to be in. Lightning struck like 20 feet from our house. power went out for a couple minutes when that happend. Its amazing how it was all sunny and beautiful in the morning and stormy and not...sunny... at night.


BTW this is Ben.

Eric said...

Yeah, I do the whole "unattached" thing during storms, too. It is a strange mentality that allows it, to be sure, that can only be described as apathy-inspired optimism; well, that, I suppose, or not being incredibly neurotic.
The coolest part about it was when the clouds turned a strange bright orange color and bathed everything in a really freakishly surrealistic light... visual scrumtrulescence if ever it were. Had I only a camera!
And by the way... would that be the "sock-juice" Ben ^^?

Michael said...

Indeed, that is "sock-juice" ben.

I keep hearing about that cool color scheme that happened at the end of the storm. But, sadly, I missed it. oh well. I'll see cooler stuff than that in heaven.