Sunday, June 26, 2005

Rain, Rain Go Away...

Day #1 camping with Mayers:
A most excellent day. Everyone else was praying all day that the rain (For which Oregon should be quite grateful at this time, seeing as we had a very dry winter) would stop. It was actually rather funny. I'm an Oregonian, I have learned to enjoy the rain. It did get dry before long.
I invented a new card game. It happened rather quickly. Ben was dealing the cards and I made it up as we went. The best part about it, it's actually a really fun game. Ben was a bit addicted to it. We figured out a way to play it with multiple players as well as with just two people. Pretty awesome. The name of the game is Waterside. (Yes. I am running the risk that there is already a game by that name, but I don't care.)
Ben and I went for a walk and found a fallen marshmallow. We thought the honorable thing to do would be to give it a Viking burial. We took him back to camp, lit him on fire, and sent him out into the lake. It was magnificent. Well, accept that he didn't get far into the lake at all. And before too long he fell off his raft (a.k.a. piece of tree bark). But it was still fun.

No comments: