Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Bomb-Diggidy

I am very tired. However, I know that in a little while I won't feel as tired as I do right now. That's the disadvantage to being able to draw energy from out of nowhere. I want to be able to go to bed soon, but if I am forced to stay awake for even a short time more I'll be running full throttle again. It comes in handy at times, but I really want to sleep.
I played paintball today. Got shot right in the shin. Now I have this welt the size of a quarter. It doesn't really hurt. Mostly it just feels kind of like a sunburn. So as long as I don't touch it I'm fine.
Battle scars are the best. After the incident at winter retreat, from which I ended up with my whole face scratched up for exactly one week (Darn super human healing abilities), I was hoping that I would at least have one scar. Sadly the only scar that developed from that trip was a faint one on my arm that, by all rights, shouldn't have become a scar.
I still need to get the footage of that from Masami. I don't have any pictures of my face after the crash, I want to get the film so that I can remember it forever. Haha. Then I can show it to my kids and say, "This is why you guys have to toughen up. You never know when something like this might happen."
No. I'm going to love my kids. Though I will want them to be able to stand back up after falling down, so to speak, I'm sure I'll end up being a softy. I just don't really have it in me to be excessively over baring, and... mean.
I should probably explain that my youth group had it's "Final night BBQ" at the Hambelton's. That's where I played paintball. I also had a great time just hanging out. Talking with friends, eating a little food, and watching as everyone was thrown into the pool at some point or another.
Barring alzheimer's and concussion, I will never forget Ben's "sock juice". Ben, you're crazy, and you really should have thought a bit more before actually drinking that stuff. (Gag)
Apparently I look like I could be a psycho killer when I smile while wearing sunglasses. Jason still has one more on me. He looks like a psycho killer without the glasses.

No comments: