Monday, June 13, 2005

This Is Summer?!?!

I was just thinking about the summer assignment I have to finish this summer. I think it would be totally awesome if they just required so many hours/pages of writing. My reasoning behind this is that I'm writing anyway. So far I've written every single day of this entire summer break... all three days of it. It would just be cool to be able to walk in the first day of school and hand over my blog. Pages and pages of nonsense dotted with moments of brilliance. And "Mr. C", as some call him, (though I still maintain that the title of "Mr. C" belongs to Mr. Christensen and not Mr. Christiansen) would flip out just looking at the volumes of Kin's thoughts. I know I'd be scared.
Ok, so today I started off my morning with a little yard work. Ralph Branson needed some grass taken out from around his lilacs. I did the best I could, but I'm going to have to return and get the grass that resides directly at the base of the lilacs. That stuff doesn't just shovel out, and you don't want to pluck the tops off. You have to get 'em, roots and all.
So I picked up some money for that. It's always nice to start off the summer with a little cash in the pocket. Not that it will last long. Jones may be cheap, but the're so good why stop after just one.
I got the information in the mail for summer seminary today. I leave on the 30th of June. That just happens to be the day after I get back from camping with Ben and his family (Yes. Sock-juice Ben). I get back from summer seminary on the 9th of July. This means I'm going to be gone for exactly two weeks. And to top it all off, on the 10th of July Jessie, Stephanie, and I are going to play a song for church. This is going to be very interesting. I know I'm going to be dead tired. Fourteen days strait without any down time, then perform. And yes Eric, I'm going to be fully dependent upon God to get me through it because there is no way I could do it on my own.
The real trick with this song we are going to be playing/singing is going to be getting in practice. As I have already stated, I'm going to be gone for the two weeks before we perform. As if that weren't enough, I might be able to practice the day before, but they might not. Jessie and Stephanie will be getting home from camp David Jr. on the 9th as well. Who knows what time they will get home. So we might just show up on Sunday morning, run through it once after not having played it for two weeks, and leave the rest to God. Although, that does sound like a good idea, but we should still do our best to practice. Otherwise we would just be lazy, and that isn't good.
I had jazz band today. We are meeting on Monday evenings over the summer, and I'm playin' bass guitar. I need to practice a lot. It was very embarrassing, 'cause everyone else new what they were doing. I was just standing there trying to find where they were and figuring out what to do about all the flats. I had a few good moments. Like I said, I just need to practice.

No comments: