Thursday, June 23, 2005

Woo Hoo!

I have three days left to be bored. That's right, only three days. I have been sitting in this house for two weeks.
I have been spoiling my family for two weeks by actually doing my house work. They won't even know what hit them come the middle of the second week I'm gone. And at that point I'll still be gone for another week and a half.
It looks as though I am going to be counseling out at Eagle Fern Camp for a week. In fact, I leave for that the day after I get back from summer seminary. Thus the three weeks of absence.
These past two weeks haven't been as bad as I sometimes think they have. It is nice to know that I actually got things done. Like, actual work. I did go bowling twice, swimming one-and-a-half times, and got to go all the way into Clackamas Town Center. So I suppose it really hasn't been that bad.
But come this Sunday, I'm out of here. I'm not comin' back for four days. Then I leave again the next day for a week and a half. And of course all of that is followed up by another trip the day after my return that will last yet another week. ("Down time? What's that?")
Sadly I will not be able to blog for any of that time. We'll just see whether or not I feel adequately rested enough to blog on the two nights that I am home amid all that time.

1 comment:

Elaine Butler said...

Yes, we will miss you, but we're glad you're spending your summer productively. What you need to ask yourself is... How confident are you that your room will still be here when you get back? maybe that's why you're doing such a great job on your chores. Just hoping we don't move out your stuff while you're gone.
Love, Mom